Monday, October 26, 2009

Trey Grayson Just Doesn't Care To Comment

Lumbering Along is a blog from a Paleoconservative in Kentucky that I just discovered.

It'd be worth your while to add it to your list. He writes,
I have had a chance to visit with Dr. Paul. I have heard him speak with passion and conviction on the Constitution. Dr. Paul has convinced me he will operate within the constraints of the sacred document.

I heard Secretary Grayson speak in Lexington. He was not particularly interesting. He talked about himself and his service as Secretary of State of Kentucky. He is the chief election officer of the Commonwealth. The office is one of a clerk. It depends on career civil servants for its successful operation. If I am wrong, please correct me.

Grayson may have made some substantive changes in the office. I can't say because I hardly think of the office as that of a policymaker. We used to joke about the office along with some other Kentucky Constitutional offices as the "musical chair" offices. When career politicians could not succeed themselves, they'd switch from one office to the other, using their name recognition to gain election. Drexell Davis made his career this way. So did Thelma Stovall. There are others, but they don't come to mind.

Grayson stepped out into the arena by running for the office. I admire that. I do not admire his failure to address issues.

...
Grayson talks about his "good barbecue dinners" and his soccer practices. . . yet he never says without compromise whether or not he will not vote for any spending increases no matter how small if we honor him with election.

He has some good stuff in his archive too. I'll be adding it to my blog-roll.

Rand Paul
Trey Grayson

No comments:

Post a Comment