Friday, November 20, 2009

Clinton backer turned GOPer Grayson calling Rand Paul a "flip flopper"

Grey Grayson just released a press release regarding the recent debate calling Rand Paul a flip flopper. Other then the fact that Rand Paul makes pancakes to raise money for his charity though, Grayson doesn't have a whole lot to go on.
www.treygrayson.com/news/post/rand-paul-vs.-himself
This isn't a live link because I don't want to increase his link popularity.

First of all, I'm flattered that Grayson used my idea. But I find it rather humorous that Grayson, who's entire campaign has been one big flip/flop (I'm not the establishment candidate./I AM the establishment candidate.) is now attacking Rand for it.

But the attack isn't even really true.

For instance one of the lines Greyson quotes in attacking Rand is,
I think they should mostly be sent back to their country of origin or to tell you the truth I'd drop them back off into battle ... you're unclear, drop 'em off back into Afghanistan. It'd take them a while to get back over here. - YouTube video of Rand Paul speaking in Paducah, KY, 5/8/09.

Let's watch that you-tube video.


Trey's quote leave out this entire sentence. "If you're not going to convict them and you can't convict them or you're unclear then drop them off back in Afghanistan"

The ONLY Reason Rand gave for letting the detainees go is left out of the ellipsis.

Rand's entire quote is thus:
I think they should mostly be sent back to their country of origin or to tell you the truth I'd drop them back off into battle. If you're not going to convict them and you can't convict them or you're unclear, drop 'em off back into Afghanistan. It'd take them a while to get back over here.

Now doesn't that make more sense?

This first quote is full of similar ellipses.

The fact is, in order to use my "Trey Grayson Vs Trey Grayson" idea on Rand Paul, he had to chop up his quotes to DELIBERATELY misrepresent Paul's statement.

I've got to say that's a pretty dirty tactic. But, that's what we're up against now.

I just means Rand needs to raise a lot more money on TeaParty day.

Updates:
Clarifying Rand's Position on Guantanamo

Divide and conquer: It's What The Establishment Wants

Carol Paul, Ron Paul's Wife Weighs in.

Rand Paul
Trey Grayson

No comments:

Post a Comment